All three rubies have been found!
Solve the clues to find the hidden jewels and claim your reward!
The RUBY HUNT is a quest for three small, red jewels — each hidden on public land somewhere in the American Midwest.
Beginning in January 2021, clues will be published on the 15th of each month through December. Taken in sum and properly deciphered, the twelve clues will reveal the secret locations of the three hidden rubies.
RUBY HUNT Guidelines:
- The "ruby" gamepieces are in fact small, red, diamond-cut crystal jewels—each hidden in a black drawstring pouch at one of three different locations on public land in the midwestern U.S.
- Clues will be published on the 15th of each month from January to December 2021. When solved correctly, the twelve clues will zero in on the precise locations of the rubies; the hunt will end when all three have been claimed.
- Please be a conscientious steward of the outdoors: Leave only footprints and do no harm to property or nature. Do not dig in grass, flowerbeds, or landscaped areas, or leave deep holes in the ground. In other words: Seek, don't destroy.
- Each ruby is hidden with instructions to verify the find and claim the reward.
- Registration is closed as of July 14, 2021 at midnight (CDT).